Tuesday, June 30, 2015

This week has been a very stressful, drama filled week. This question has been one I have been comtemplating over and over this week. Who is Sister Clawson? Now? past? Future? Who do I want my posterity to know me as.
   We didn't see very many people this week but we were able to do a lot of service. We have a member that let her daughter, our recent convert, go with her dad to the east coast after he totalled her car and was charged with a DUI with her daughter in the car. So we had FHE up on table rock which was a blast, I got sunburnt, of course! It's that time of year again, and we were able to talk about the ups and downs of life. We shared the scripture Helamen 5:12 about planting your feet on the our Savior Jesus Christ. That scripture help both me and Sister Dale A LOT this week. 
  Boise is a remarkable place with all the service opportunities and all the charity work they do. I just LOVE it! We were able to help two days this week sort books that were donated from everywhere to clean up and hand out to other places that gave them to kids that don't have anything! I was so dirty the first day on the ground in big boxes sorting dirty books! I never knew books could be so dirty! But it was THE best feeling to just get out of yourself and do work for other people! The second day we went we were filling orders by putting books into boxes and labeling 500 books at a time to different organizations. They do sooo much for people! I never knew what one book that looks semi new could do for a kid that had nothing! I have found that situation a lot here on my mission that families have nothing! It's the hardest thing to watch and not have anything to help them out with! Except the Gosplel will do more for them then any monetary thing can do, I have seen it change the lives of people in the homeless shelters and given them that drive to do for others what others did for them. Its amazing!
  We were invited to teach the mission prep class this tuesday! I was able to see one of the kids from my first area whose ward met at the same building Cloverdale ward's did and he recieved his call to go to Mexico on his mission in a couple of months! We taught them how to teach the restoration and did a little role play. I have learned to love role plays on my mission, somtimes they are still a tad awkward! That's when you just embrace it tho! Right?! 
   We play Uno every week with a less active couple. They know the church is true but work and family keeps getting in the way, and Sister Dale is pretty good at Uno and has beat him every time we have played! hahaha It's great to see because every time he looses he swears revenge on her, in a playing manor! hahaha 
  I love the people in my wards. they have become some of my best friends for life! I know that this church brings people together in and through Christ!  Now back to my original question that has been plaguing me. Who is Sister Clawson? Who will Ashley be in 8 weeks?  
       "We may plan things in life. But have you planned your greatest work? Have you envisioned        who you will become?  Do you plan for what kind of person you want to become? Can you see           in your mind who you want to be? Do you know?" " you not only can change but you do             change all of the time." " you are right now the sum total of what you have thought, said,             seen, heard, and done. What you think, say, do, hear, and see, causes you to change; to change for good or evil, to become either stronger or weaker, to either internalize the  qualities of light of the qualities of darkness. You are responsible for who you are and you  are responsible for who you will become." 
  "Do you know what kind of person you want to become? Do you see in your mind who you want to be? Do you know?"
  These quotes come out of a talk called the Fourth missionary, yes its for missionaries BUT these questions apply to ALL of us! We ALL need to ask ourselves these important questions of who are we and who we want to be and who we will become and HOW we will achieve these goals! I love you all and I ask that you keep Sister Taufa in your prayers! She is a sister from Tahiti that I live with and part of this crazy week involved her falling down the stairs, loosing all her memory including English, she speaks French. She has most of her English and mission memories back but home life is not there and its a struggle for all of us. I don't want any prayers for me, just her PLEASE! I love you all and you all mean soooo much to me!!!! I know that Heavenly Father will heal her through all of your prayers! 
--
<3 Sister Ashley Clawson
 
  Here you go, David!
 
Pictures 
 
Look how much the Meridian temple has grown!
 
We went as a district
 
 Elder Hann teaching how to teach people not lessons using a video game that I forgot the name to...I didn't really get it! I love this kid!!!

 .BOB strikes again! He knows me soo well!

 Bob and my duckie!



 
My favorite answer and be4! hahah get it?!

 I was trying to get to the book service project but somehow found my way to the airport! I paniked!
 I swear I'm not trunky!

Creepy tree but sooo awesome!

Barb cut Sister Dale's hair it needed it! ha she's the best! Bob's wife!

Holiness to the Lord is up!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment