Monday, April 28, 2014

Still in the low 50s!!


Hey ya'll!!!
 So yes it is still in the stupid 50 here! While all ya'll are swimming I am freezing! ha! We had a huge storm come in this week so it was in the low 40s. Even though I complain about the weather I love it up here in Idaho!! Such a great place to live and raise kids..not that I am thinking about that...hahaha. So some things I forgot about last week! Elder McChesney had his 21st birthday so we had a suprise birthday party for him! It was great! I have grown so close to him considering everything that happened at the MTC.
 We played Volleyball and soccer for pday last week! It was sooo much fun! Quamo would be proud of me! I ran into like 3 elders and knocked all of them down (i went down too). I am just super clumsy when I'm looking at my feet and not where I am going ha! These Elders are just super fun! One of them Elder Gunnel is from Gilbert! We almost went at it! Haha, just jokingly going to tussle! haha
 I got a package from home that made my day! It was my easter present from ma! i loved it!!! I got a minion towel!!! It's my favorite thing ever!!! Hahaha thank you Ma!!! and Dad!!
 So since there is a spring up here there are little baby animals everywhere!! We saw a mom and her ducklings trying to get through a fence to get to the water where a family of geese were. There was one little geese stuck on by the gate as well so I went to rescue it! I LOVE ducks! So I picked up that cute little geese and took a picture then let it leave the fence to join its family! I loved it!!! That morning we did a service project for the Simons, this cute old man who use to raise llamas and had a farm once upon a time. We took down 5 huge wild rose bushes! I wish we would have taken a picture of them before we cut the all down! It took 3 hours to get rid of them! He had told us to wear pants and long sleeves which Sister Archuleta didn't listen to... we have soo many scrapes on our arms from the gigantic thorns and her legs are soo cut up! It's crazy! As we were cutting these suckers down we started to talk about our past lives before the mission and things that we had done and our testimonies of the Atonement. And we decided life was like these bushes! We sin and let things sometimes get out of hand, just like these wild rose bushes! And it takes time and hard work and sometimes it hurts to repent and to change from our old ways to become clean. It doesn't end there. Brother Simons told us he wanted them cut down to the ground and be thrown away so he could put poison on the roots so they wouldn't grow back. How badly do we need to do that to our lives. to get rid of those sins and not put ourselves back into those positions again and to turn away when the temptation comes back! I loved this experience. It felt in  a way that I was getting rid of my sins and doing the work to forgive myself of the things that Heavenly Father has already forgiven me of.
 So we had a great experience with Josh Olmstead. we were headed to see a different family and he walked by on his way home from school so we walked with him and got to know him. When we got to his house I asked if he knew who lived across the street from him. And he said no but he knew the lady next door to that house, and asked us if we have met her. He asked if he could introduce us to her! He did fantastic! He was really nervous at first but just plainly said 'I wanted to introduce you to the sister missionaries who serve in this area' and then handed it off to us! We didn't get anywhere with the lady but it did show her that he cared for her enough to introduce her to us! Such a great example! And its super easy to do ! I challenge all of you who read this to go introduce a neighbor to the missionaries in your ward! Do it!!! You will be shocked how easy it is!!
  WE also biked this week for a whole day! I have so much more respect for the Elders now!! Man did our behinds hurt!! haha but it was fun and worth it!
 We had a great week this week! Kinda slow but we got to talk with a lot of less active members which was great! I have been working with Glenn Smith since I've been here and his desires have grown sooo much! He wants to work on praying in public, thats what he told me! And he came to the church building for church this week!!! There is a service at the retirement place that we have in the mornings but he came to the actual church building! His confidence is growning soo much! I am so happy for him!!
 Sister Archuleta had a baptisim in her old area that we went to. Her name is Sue! She is the sweetest lady and her laugh is so contagious! Just like sister Archuletas! We saw a couple of the little girls that were at an Easter party we went to there! One of them recognized me and jumped into my arms!!! She's is the sweetest cutest little thing! I love little kids sooo much!!
 One last thing i want to mention. I had a priesthood blessing from my District Leader who is such an inspired missionary! I have learned how a priesthood holder should act and treat people. These Elders here on my mission care SO much about us sisters! They have only known me for 2 1/2 months now but we are family now! I would seriousely do anything for them and visa versa! I think being on a mission you realize God's love for all his children soooo much more than ever before! I can't tell you why I love these Elders and Sisters so much but I do! And I love my Savior and Father in Heaven! They watch over and love all of us here on earth! And give us so many opportunities to grow and change (repent) and learn from trials and oppositions that we will face here in this life! I love you all and feel your prayers for me and all the missionaries serving!!!

<3 Sister Ashley Clawson!!!

ps. I send more pictures just to Ma because its easier and then she posts them on my blog! Go check it out!!
 
 
  This is a pic of me riding my bike to a service project with elder McChesneys bday balloon on the back of the bike :)
 This is Mia the little girl that was at the baptism that jumped on me!
 
 This is Aubrey Andrews our ward mission leaders daughter! with a huge crazy strawberry! love her!
  Service project with the elders and Sister Archuleta wanted to give him a ride in the wheel barrow but this is what happened instead! haha
  Why do I always get put into the garbage bins! hahaha
 We have way too much fun!!! hahaha
My favorite towel!!!
  Me opening my Easter present!
 My name tag
 Sister Archuleta and 2pok! That's how she spells it haha!
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment