Monday, September 8, 2014

This week was pretty slow for the most part. One of the hardest parts of the day -to-day stuff is trying to fill up your schedule.. We have a service project now that we do every week on Wednesday so that's nice. We mow this lady's yard  that isn't a member whose husband passed away this year so she needs the help. She's a hoarder too so we are going to try to help her with the house! So we met Sister Palmer this week who is a FANTASTIC lady! She has breast cancer that is in remission right now and they had to remove her right side so she only has one breast now and she embraces it. It is who she is now and if people don't like it then they don't have to talk to her! She has horses too and asked if I wanted to go riding but we can't..... hahaha it kills so much but I know it's for safety reasons but she will let me pet them and feed them so that's good! hahah She is such a sweet lady. I told her that I missed my boots and she went to go get her extras to see if they fit me. They didn't but it was the thought of her wanting me to feel at home! We are going to go pick her fruit trees this week and she's making us breakfast in return! I want to be as sweet and caring as her one day! My new goal in life! hahaha
  So we have lunch with Ursula, an investigator, every Tues at the temple just on the grass! It's great! Not very many missionaries get the chance to see let alone be on the temple grounds every week. It's a great experience. Her daughter Mercedes recently got baptized and shes just on fire! THE smartest 9 year old I have ever met! We teach both of them together. I have seen a difference in her mom, Ursula, since I've been here and she's been coming to sacrament and I know it's all on the Lords timing but I think that its almost her time! I pray! 
   This ward is full of people that have very interesting stories and lives. The Whitings are one of them. Long story short they have 8 kids oldest 18 to 5 years old....and the parents are divorced. The mom just got out of jail so the dad has been doing 'Mister Mom' for several years now and because of all the drama that the kids have been through in their life at such young an age they are struggling. But Brother Whitting, let me tell you, I have not met a sweeter more patient man EVER! He teaches his kids good principles, reads from the Book of Mormon with them every night and just loves them so much! With everything they have been going through he has been there for them and put himself aside! 
    Jerod and Melissa invited us over again to teach the first lesson.  We taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and showed them the Joseph Smith Restoration movie and the spirit was soooo strong! They had some really good questions. Jerod had read the first 2 pages of First Nephi and was really excited to read more. Melissa didn't read tho but she was super sorry she didn't. She apologized like 6 times but she said she is going to start reading it this week! It's funny, she doesn't want to admit yet that she is interested but you can tell it on her face when we are teaching and through the questions she asks! haha I love it!
 We see Barbra this week, finally, and she said that she could tell a difference when she prayed in the name of Jesus Christ! She said she could sleep better and she had energy for her day. I love how the Gospel can change peoples lives! 
   Lacy is probably one of my favorites to visit! So I had been craving jello for the longest time recently! So I made some jello and we went over there and ate it and taught the plan of Salvation and she had a lot of good questions. She's just not sure where she wants to go with the Gospel yet but she's still good with us teaching her kids, which we will do this week! 
   Super exciting news! We were able to teach Hunter the Plan of Salvation this week and set a baptismal date for the 9 of October! whoot whoot!!!!! Hopefully that will help his family  come back to church again!  The Zetlers live right next to them and we went over there and that family! Can I just say have overcome so much and have found their way to the church and their lives did a complete 180! They are preparing to go to the temple and be sealed as a family forever in January and he just got a job that he will start next Monday which is such a blessing!!!  If you EVER think anyone's too far from joining the church and changing their lives around think again! 
   For all of you that know me really well then you know I'm afraid of fish...yes I know, strange. But you would be so proud of me! A member took us to Joes Crab Shack and guess what I ate? Yes, crab! hahaha It's very interesting. Not my favorite but it wasn't bad! hahaha So Ma i took pictures for you, you would be soo proud of me! hehehe
  One more cool experience. We got home last night and Sister Wilkes had gone over to her daughter's house, the Andrews in my last ward, and the son told her that they had stake conference and that President Zarcosse, the stake president, told a story about me! He told them about when I was teaching a part of mission prep and someone asked me a question about the priesthood and I knew exactly what to tell them and how to answer a question like that when they get it. He said that it was very impressive and that he had never met a Sister Missionary who was so prepared before! It made me tear up because I didn't realize and won't realize the impact I have as a missionary  made on other peoples lives.
   Ya'll I know the church is true and that we have the fullness of the Gospel back on the earth today and I know as we study and read and ponder that the Lord will help us through whatever comes our way! I have learned the best way  to share the Gospel is through example so always pay attention to your actions and live the way Jesus Christ showed us how to when he was on the Earth! I love you all so much I would love to hear any missionary opportunities that ya'll have had! Till next week be safe and CARRY ON!!!!!
<3 Sister Ashley Clawson

Picture Time!

 Joe's Crab Shack! 
 Both of us! Me and Sister Delahoyde. Don't we look like twins!
 
 
I found a Diet Coke that has my name on it!!!! I HAD to get it! 
 
 
 We had a progressive dinner for the ward and Bro Morgan used this train to trek people from house to house like a hay ride!
 
 This is one of the yards we ate in. So pretty grape vines everywhere!
 
 the Boise temple at night!
 
   Me and Sister Delahoyde at the temple!
 
When the Boise temple was erected! Sister Delahoyde's lovely heart
 
I thought this was a great picture! You can see the Holiness to the Lord and the American flag!
 
LOVE IT! Sister Delahoyde took this one of me!
 
    I have a parot! it wouldnt go to any one else! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment